Mail auto-check doesn't work with Exchange account

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.6 - iMac 20" for the wife
Hi,

I have two accounts on my iPhone, a pop3 sitting on a Linux server, and an IMAP account with our corp. exchange server.

Both accounts work perfect, the only problem is that the email auto check only picks up email from the pop, and not the imap. For that, I need to manually check, then emails flow in.

Is there a setting somewhere I overlooked? Or is there a problem?

Thanks for any help,

Ben

Reaction score
Im having a problem with my auto-check also. I have a gmail, and a yahoo, and both are set for every hour check, but only check when I open the inbox.

does anyone else experience this.

any answers why?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi

I also posted in another thread, and two people experienced the same there too, but no explanations yet. One mentioned that he tried both with 1.0.2 and 1.1.1 and the results are the same, so I guess it isn't firmware dependent.

What Yahoo account you have? The Yahoo Plus? If so, autocheck isnt necessary, as that is a Push-mail by default, so emails should arrive on the instant.

For me my POP email account is synced easily automatically, but the IMAP only syncs when I go to Inbox manually,

Thanks

Ben

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi

I found out that if I have WiFi on, it will check automatically, and even when I am away from an available WiFi connection, like on the street, just by having it on will trigger the auto-check.

Dont know why this is happening, I am also posting on the Apple discussion forum, hope someone will pick this up.

Can you also verify that this method works for you?

Cheers

Ben

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi

Thanks, I will look forward to your reply. I yesterday tried to turn WiFi off, sure enough, Auto-check also stopped working.

Now, I have WiFi back on again, but no wireless network, and it started working again.

I just dont know why WiFi is required for IMAP, and not required for POP3 in my case,

Best,

Ben

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.