Can Mac burn ISO+CUE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
I haven't seen a Mac application that can burn CUE+ISO+WAV (or AIF) files. Toast can burn CUE+BIN, but that is not the same thing... not even close. Nero on the PC can do CUE+ISO+WAV, why is the Mac so limited in what I can burn? No Mac developers want to step up to the plate and make an application that is as good as Nero?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
I'm pretty sure I've burned ISO files with Toast...

But I find it easier to burn ISO images with the buildt in diskutility (that also can mount an ISO image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You can definitely burn ISO in Toast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
A PC is just as limited as the mac in what it can burn. It's the software you buy from other vendors that does the work. Such as Nero.
Perhaps it is Nero that is not stepping up and offering a Mac port!

I've never even heard of cue+iso+wav format. Usually an ISO has everything, why would you need a cue file and wav files along side it?

Have you looked at Toast for mac? It's the Nero equivalent:

File Support
Audio: AAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV, M4A, OGG, FLAC, and Dolby Digital AC-3
Video:
AVI, DV, MOV, MPEG-1/2/4, DivX, XviD, VOB, VIDEO_TS folder, iMovie projects, EyeTV recordings, TiVoToGo transfers
Photo: BMP, GIF, PDF, PSD, PNG, TIFF
ISO, BIN/CUE, IMG, DMG, CDR, NRG

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/titanium/features.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I'd say calling Toast a Nero equivalent is an insult to Roxio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You don't need ANY burning software to burn a bootable ISO image. I have done so myself, directly from Disk Utility. Is this what you are trying to do?

OP
Joe Redifer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
I think you all are not reading my post in its entirety. I want CUE+ISO+WAV (or AIF), not just ISO by itself. It needs to reassemble from a cuesheet. Toast cannot do this except with a BIN file (instead of ISO). The Cuesheet tells the burning program where the ISO goes (which is data) and where the audio tracks go (which is CD sound). Sometimes there is more than one ISO per disc interspersed with the CD audio files.

I have Toast. It is OK at best. Nero destroys it. I really do wish Nero was available on the Mac. I can run it in Boot Camp but I'd rather not have to worry about booting back and forth and options like parallels doesn't appeal to me.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I would not say Nero Destroys Toast, but Nero is an Excellent burning program for Windows. On Windows Nero is a lot better (at least to me) than Roxio's Windows software. I have used Nero for years now in Windows. Toast does pretty much everything Nero does except what you are after. I have frankly never needed to do what you are trying to do so don't miss that part at all. I make Images all the time and Bin/Cue's. Don't know what to tell you as I have not seen what you are after in any burning program for OSX, at least not that I know of. Will do some checking around and get back to you if I find something for OSX that does what you are after.

Reaction score
People dont't understand the need.
We are not asking about how to burn iso, i.e. easy to do with many softwares.
What we need is it burn CUE+ISO files.
Choses files are very specific for retro gaming: the roms of games for some consoles are in this format and when you download them what you get is 2 files: one is a .CUE and the other is a .ISO
To burn them on CD-R we have tools for PC (Imgburn for example)
Burning those files doesn't mean burning the iso file alone.
As file to burn, we must select the CUE file which will tell the PC how to burn accurately the ISO file.

This is the question we are asking here: how to do that on a Mac?
Easy to do with a PC , tricky with a Mac if only possible :/

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Indeed there doesn't seem to be an easy method of doing it with the Mac. But also it looks like this is a very unique situation specific to the retro gaming area. Seldom will people develop apps to one-off situations. If you can do it with Windows, then go ahead and do it there.

No reason to continue debating this topic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.