Apple Powerbook fallen Behind

A

Applerules

Hi everyone I would just lke to say how much I love using macs but I have switched back to Pc cause they are faster. I have a Amd 3700+ laptop which would run circles around and g5 desktop. But NOW I WANT TO GO BACK TO THE MAC SIDE BUT I DONT WANT TO BUY A POWERBOOK G 1.5ghz cause i used to have it and it was tooooooooooo SLOW. Barefeats said the proccer equavilent of a G4 1.5ghz is about 2.2ghz which is awful. So im waiting for the powerbook g5 does anyone know when its coming out. I MUST HAVE APPLE POWERBOOK G5 and dont you think it is about time that they get a dual prosser in thoses notebook's so it could stay compettitive cause lets say even if they comeout with a Single 2ghz g5 it wont be even close to an Amd 3700+ it wont even be close to An Amd 3400+ according to Pc World. But I just HAte PC's windows HUHUHUH HELP I need OSX BADLY APPLE SAVE ME FORM BILL GATES!!! -LOL-

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
the powerbook g4 1.5 GHz should in no way be that slow...If it is that terribly slow, you either have close to no ram(I reccommend no less 512 mb) or you had a defective Powerbook.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I completely agree.. and remember that a laptop will always be slower than a desktop, always.

OP
A

Applerules

Murlyn said:
I completely agree.. and remember that a laptop will always be slower than a desktop, always.

yea but it eaquals 2.2ghz in preformance i dont call that fast while other notebooks are excedding the 4ghz barrier i think apple has to come out with those g5 notebooks fast if a 1.33ghz g4 dosent even come close to a centrino 1.3ghz that is redicilous if is is 2 times the prefromnce. And no there are not thick only 1.4inch thick

OP
A

Applerules

ApplejustWorks said:
the powerbook g4 1.5 GHz should in no way be that slow...If it is that terribly slow, you either have close to no ram(I reccommend no less 512 mb) or you had a defective Powerbook.....
\yea did u try unreal tournament 2004 and by the way it had 2 gig of ram. after affects ran way too slow while my pc notebook outpreformed my friends g5 desktop 3700+ notebook will beat a dual 2.5ghz g5 by a far shot just look at pc world said hey i dont lie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you speak english? I really can't tell by those non-punctuated messages.....

And Murlyn, did you agree with him, or me?

OP
C

chronogoof89

ApplejustWorks said:
Did you speak english? I really can't tell by those non-punctuated messages.....

And Murlyn, did you agree with him, or me?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this troll. He got banned yesterday under the SN Liz10surfing or something like that. Its painfully obvious its the same person. He's a PC troll.

OP
A

Applerules

chronogoof89 said:
I wouldn't pay too much attention to this troll. He got banned yesterday under the SN Liz10surfing or something like that. Its painfully obvious its the same person. He's a PC troll.
loser

OP
C

chronogoof89

...says the kid who tries to start fights on the internet about how fast his computer is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No name calling people, what is this, 1st grade?

OP
N

Nightblade

Look, you can't have everything in a computer. Applerules, it's obvious you're more appealed by PCs than Macs, but you're also more appealed by OS X than XP or Linux. Macs have pretty much always been behind PCs in terms of speed, and just about everyone knows that. There are tons of PC manufacturers out there, and two main companies that focus entirely on processors, so it's hard for just one company that focuses on every aspect of computing to make the fastest computer. The point is, the fastest PCs will likely always win in speed tests, but hopefully there are Macs out there that at least have a speed which you're comfortable with. If you want to use Mac OS X, you're gonna have to sacrifice a bit of speed, but hopefully you'll still have enough so that you can use your computer comfortably. Most Mac users know that they're not using the fastest computers out there, but they don't care because they're happy with their operating system and they feel that their computer is fast enough for them.

I hope this makes you feel a bit better....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
d4rr3n consider this your warning. Right after I said quit with the name calling.. you go and do it. We'll put this warning in your account and the date and will remove it once we see that you are following the rules.

OP
D

d4rr3n

Whatever. The guy got banned for posting numerous idiotic flamebait threads. Signs up again with a new nickname and is already starting with the same garbage and i'm bringing it to everyone's attention. Like i'm the first person to say the word moron in here...maybe if i added an omg i would've been banned immediately. How bout you warn everyone shouting troll at people? Like i said..whatever, he keeps posting that garbage and i'll keep letting him know how dumb and pointless the posts are. It's the truth...so warn me, kick me, ban me i dont care.

OP
T

TylerMoney

You can't really compare pc and mac processors. Some things will be faster on both..and macs run great with lots of ram...pcs can run great too...so really, it comes down to what os you'd rather use. I have both, but my laptop is a pb, and I don't see myself ever getting any other laptop that isn't mac...but if you do, then it'll work for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
For the record I'm non bias when it comes to platforms. Mac's are good for some things, P.C based hardware for things other things and SGI's for something else. In the end. A computer to me is just a tool, like a wrench to a mechanic. Maybe in extreme cases it's like comparing a Spanner to some people.

;)

OP
S

SexyHT

Murlyn said:
d4rr3n consider this your warning. Right after I said quit with the name calling.. you go and do it. We'll put this warning in your account and the date and will remove it once we see that you are following the rules.

Your right I think this is getting a little out of control. Why are people name calling I mean lets all get along. Just ignore the person and move on with your life. PC's are good at some things and Mac's are good at other things. Lets all be mature so we could set an example to people like liz10surfing. Hey monkey see monkey do. (thats what my mom always told me)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
SexyHT said:
Your right I think this is getting a little out of control. Why are people name calling I mean lets all get along. Just ignore the person and move on with your life. PC's are good at some things and Mac's are good at other things. Lets all be mature so we could set an example to people like liz10surfing. Hey monkey see monkey do. (thats what my mom always told me)

Agreed!

OP
B

billitone

I am just doing copy and paste....

http://apple.weblogsinc.com/entry/1375151061648149/

From the About.com Graphics Software discussion forum: ”There IS no Apple vs PC or Adobe vs Corel rivalry. It’s all computers and software that do the job and do it well… Forget computers for a moment. Did artists insult one another because one used Koohinoor pens and another settled for Rapidographs? ...Apple vs PC arguments exist only because some people feel superior they know one software, and because they have more time on their hands to rant and rave.

Reaction score
Really I don't see what the fuss is over Fast Processors is. The only reason I ever needed to upgrade my PC was to play the latest Game on the Market. I got sick of upgrading and bought a PS2 for Games. I have had a 1.4 AMD machine for over 2 years and not had any problems where my CPU was too slow.

I now have a G4 933 Power Mac and feel it performs better then my PC.
I also have a 2.6 Ghz Laptop and it sucks for speed. Sure the CPU is fast but the harddrive is slow and Bogs down the whole system.

So IMHO if you actually use your computer Mac or PC as a tool instead of a gaming machine, there is no real reason to have a 4 Ghz CPU.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.