Bootcamp partitioning problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
I was trying to make a bootcamp partition on Tiger. But I kept on getting a message that the partition could not be created becoz some files could not be deleted. Is Bootcamp supposed to make partition or I need to make it manually using disk utility.

Secondly if bootcamp can not partition a booted drive, do i need to create partition manually when installing Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33GHz, 120gb hdd, ATI radeon x1600
The bootcamp utility is supposed to create a partition for you, I had a problem when i originally tried to partition the 120gb hard drive in my mbp, i booted my computer under the osx restore disc and went into disc utility and repaired the hard drive and when i tried to partition afterwards it worked perfectly.

I am not sure if this will solve your problem but its worth a try

OP
smartyMAC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
The bootcamp utility is supposed to create a partition for you, I had a problem when i originally tried to partition the 120gb hard drive in my mbp, i booted my computer under the osx restore disc and went into disc utility and repaired the hard drive and when i tried to partition afterwards it worked perfectly.

I am not sure if this will solve your problem but its worth a try

Yeah... I figured it out. I just moved all my user files to external drive and created about 50GB of empty space and then tried bootcamp.. it worked :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.