• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just An Introduction.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook:: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo::1 Gig of RAM::160 Gigabyte Hard drive::10.4.10
Hello.

My name is Gray and I'm currently attending NYU in Manhattan getting a degree in literature. When I'm not a huge Yankee/Sports fan, I'm a computer nerd who likes to talk about Macs on internet forums (don't we all) and Maclife is just horribly, horribly inactive, so I've decided to come here considering all the good things I've heard about it.

P.S.-Made the switch in early June and bought myself a Black Macbook. I love it, but I feel a little cheated paying 1500 dollars for a machine without a dedicated graphics card, when 1500 dollars could easily get me a pretty awesome gaming machine. (All I needed to run was FSX, but I guess I can only dream now).

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Welcome to a great forum Gray.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Hey Gray, I know the feeling. I'm a computer nerd as well. When i dished out about 2g on my MBP, I was thinking in my head "Man, I could've had an awesome PC that could launch nuclear strikes into the heart of Mongolia, for the price of this notebook." I thought that way cause I used to build my own systems for a fraction of the price of what Dell and other PC makers would charge.
But don't feel bad. You got yourself a nice machine.
I'm actually looking into NYU for graduate school. I want to get into their film program. How's the university like?

OP
Number13GT
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook:: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo::1 Gig of RAM::160 Gigabyte Hard drive::10.4.10
Hey Gray, I know the feeling. I'm a computer nerd as well. When i dished out about 2g on my MBP, I was thinking in my head "Man, I could've had an awesome PC that could launch nuclear strikes into the heart of Mongolia, for the price of this notebook." I thought that way cause I used to build my own systems for a fraction of the price of what Dell and other PC makers would charge.
But don't feel bad. You got yourself a nice machine.
I'm actually looking into NYU for graduate school. I want to get into their film program. How's the university like?

Well, New York's just an awesome city. I couldn't think of a better place for young people (especially those interested in anything of the Arts) to spend a few years. The whole city is just so art-oriented, and the professors here are amazing. It's just a fun place to be. The campus is beautiful, it's in the heart of the greatest city on earth, and the artistic programs are simply the best.

And yes, I do believe I got what I paid for...Just I'm always getting that feeling "Why couldn't they have stuck in an 8600 for that price?"...

But It's fine for a college kid, no?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I visited Manhattan a couple of years ago, and I really like the city. I like how you don't need a car to get around. And there was this shop I visited, they have the best falafel's ever! Can't remember the name of the place though.
Yeah I scoped around NYU's campus, and fell in love with it. I'm currently working on a portfolio in hopes to get accepted to their Tisch school for the arts. It's gonna be tough, but I'm gonna give it my best shot.
One thing I don't like about NY though, is the Yankees. Sorry, but I'm from Baltimore and a huge Orioles fan. ;D (Not so much a Ravens fan though)

OP
Number13GT
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I visited Manhattan a couple of years ago, and I really like the city. I like how you don't need a car to get around. And there was this shop I visited, they have the best falafel's ever! Can't remember the name of the place though.
Yeah I scoped around NYU's campus, and fell in love with it. I'm currently working on a portfolio in hopes to get accepted to their Tisch school for the arts. It's gonna be tough, but I'm gonna give it my best shot.
One thing I don't like about NY though, is the Yankees. Sorry, but I'm from Baltimore and a huge Orioles fan. ;D (Not so much a Ravens fan though)

New York sort of defies the sterotype of "big dirty city", huh? My brother tried to get into Tisch but didn't quite make it. I'm also a falafel fan, as I have some lebanese ancestors ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I think we need to distinguish Manhattan from all of New York.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.