iPOD -iTunes issues for new user

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Easy way to transfer ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick summary: Old PC crashes & burns. Fortunately had all my music files on back up hard drive.
Two glitches. One many of the tracks on my PC library were encoded in WMA. When I attached the hard drive, to transfer the music to the new Imac, worked like a charm, except the WMA tunes were ignored.

Number two: Spent the last week installing Rhapsody on my daughters PC laptop. Technical glitches galore were not allowing me to re-download my hundreds of purchased tracks. Finally after hours with tech support, the tracks again are mine (at least to the extent DRM allows).

Question number 2: Is there an easier way to convert the tracks from realaudio to a method that would allow me load them to Itunes? Burning 800 tracks to disc, and manually entering track info will take forever. I noticed someone mentioned doing it through network connections, and playing the tune copies to Itunes library. Can I set up the PC as a network computer?

One related item. Some of the tracks I imported from my backup drive, I would like to change the genre. Is there a way to make a bulk change? I know in the PC I could select all, and make the change. Have not found a way other than clicking each individual track to edit the settings.

Last thing is hooking up an existing Ipod to the new Imac. Both my wife and daughter have an ipod. My wife's was synched to the departed PC, my daughter on laptop. When I connect I get a message saying that if I synch to this computer it will erase the ipod. Is there a way around this. I also understand that I can't transfer the contents of my wifes unit to the Imac. These are all imported tracks from CD collection. Is there a way around this?
I hate the RIAA. They want to know why the music business is tanking, how about making it so hard to buy a product that you turn off your customers.

**end of rant** :D

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
WMA: The easiest way is to buy EasyWMA. It works like a charm, converts and adds to iTunes.

Genre: You can mark a bunch of files by either holding down shift (just like in Windows), or the apple-button (like ctrl in Windows).

Can't help you on the other questions I'm afraid.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
thanks for the heads up on the genre editing. Unfortunately, Easy WMA won't help much as most of the files I have are protected by that DRM nonsense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.