Re-Mounting HDD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Hey,

I have a little issue with my external HDD. When I connect it via Firewire, it shows up on OS X, I run my iTunes database from there and use it for, well, all the things I use it for.

No issues so far eh?

Well the issue is when I unmount it, to take my MacBook off somewhere else. I drag it to the trash or just eject it and all is peachy. Then, when I come back to it and reconnect, it does not appear again, unless I reboot.

Does anyone know why, or what I can do to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Have you gone into Disc Utility and simply tried to remount it? If disc utility can see it, you should be able to remount it.

OP
Zoolook
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Have you gone into Disc Utility and simply tried to remount it? If disc utility can see it, you should be able to remount it.

Disc Utility does not show it, I tried that. Basically, once it's trashed, I cannot mount it until I reboot. Very annoying. USB flash drives and my iPOD don't have the same issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.