• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I Love You Craigslist

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I was searching for some cheap Macs to tinker with. I found to incredible listing I can't wait to pick up tonight.
The first is a Mac Plus with mouse but no keyboard for $15. I can't remember if it working or not but either way it's worth $15.
The other is a pair of Desktar Genesis Mac clones. They are Quads with tons of extra stuff for $100. Only one is currently working.
I am just so excited. I've never seen either of these listed anywhere. They may be paperweights to today's standards but I am tired of fixing newer computers. Fixing up some vintage Macs might help learn some stuff too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
The other is a pair of [Daystar] Genesis Mac clones. They are Quads with tons of extra stuff for $100. Only one is currently working.

I hate you. I hate you so, so much. :jealous:

:Angry-Tongue: ;D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Very cool. I have a thrift store in town that sometimes gets old Macs and a swap meet. Got a very nice Mac 512k there as well as a SE and Classic 2. Picked up a MINT Mac Plus at WeirdStuff Warehouse in Sunnyvale, Ca for $10. Works great and was maxed out at 4Megs RAM.

OP
bryphotoguy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hate you. I hate you so, so much. :jealous:

:Angry-Tongue: ;D

There are 2. If I only need the one, you can have the second one for cheap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook:: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo::1 Gig of RAM::160 Gigabyte Hard drive::10.4.10
I too love Craigslist. Don't know how I'd get tickets to Yankee Games and MSG Concerts without it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I got my 2nd mac (a g3) for $60 with OSX and Office. Total Steal!!

OP
bryphotoguy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got my 2nd mac (a g3) for $60 with OSX and Office. Total Steal!!

Nice, I picked up the Mac Plus today and another listing. For $25 I picked up a early tray load G3 iMac with OS X, an old beige PowerMac with 15" Apple CRT and boot discs, and 3 Apple printers.
The PowerMac and iMac are spoken for already. If anyone wants an older Apple printer, it's yours for a reasonable shipping fee. One is a laser printer and the other two look like inkjet printers. If you're interested, I can find some model numbers. Otherwise, I will take them to a recycling center later this week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Sorry I just bought a printer. Sounds like a great deal though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
craigslist is awesome for old school mac stuff. Check often, because Mac's go fast on there!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
I got a wicked "Gary Fisher" Tassajara Mt. bike off Craigs List Last year. It is a $750 bike never used. He wanted 300 but I told him I'd give him $250 because it was dusty and the tires had no air in em!!
GOD BLESS CRAIG!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.