connecting my NAS drive directly to my Mac?

Reaction score
Please excuse this post if any of you feel this is the wrong area (it seems to be kind of foggy to where it does belong)....Just looking for a Solution....

I recently setup an Mac OSX server on my old Mac mini (for my home use) I was wondering if I could somehow setup my Buffalo Terastaion NAS to be controlled by (with perhaps the raid admin software). I don't mind id I have to re-format it. I notice in the raid controller software you can add a system....
Anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance,
RET

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Buffalo does not offer a Mac utility to configure their products.

If it's already configured and you know it's IP, you can connect to it in Safari by IP if you configure your Macs IP to be on the same network as the NAS.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks, that was very helpful. I posted this on the apple forum site an I never seem to get my posts answered.....they are quick to point out that I've posted in the wrong area....yet most of my posts go unanswered.
Thank again,
RET

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.