howdy y`all

Reaction score
Hey all ,
Just though i`d say hi, i`m new to this mac game so forgive the newbie questions.

Just a couple of things.
I just got hold of a G4 500DP gigabit ,mac with 768 mb mem. I suppose what i want to know is is it any good ?
I want to use it for music production in a comercial rehearsal studio to record rehearsals of bands. Max 8 tracks at a time for 1 hour at a time.

whats the best software to use i like cubase for pc , is there somthing better for a mac with my specs ?

thanx for your guidance .

cool forum !!
dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Well for recording, speed is the issue. Perhaps changing the drive to a monster drive 7200rpm or higher would help, more RAM would help. You have lots of horsepower with the DP.

Perhaps adding a firewire card internally and hanging an internal drive off that card as the recording will come in through Firewire. The biggest bottleneck will be the front side bus which you cannot do anything about.
I have not done this kind of stuff but read about it as my kids are playing guitars and Garageband and some external device was available. It was a Firewire out and guitar cord input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.