apple tv question

Reaction score
I am curious if apple tv would do this. I am going to Japan soon, and I would like to find some way where I can watch live tv from my computer, because I won't have a television. I have heard of tv cards, and I also looked at something called eyetv hybrid, which is a little usb stick that is supposed to pick up tv signals. does anyone know about eyetv and if apple tv can do this, or if there are any other solutions??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I don't read Japanese but the slingbox website has a Japanese section so I would say it does. I don't know how things work over there, you would need to have TV service, broadband service and a slingbox. Then you just hook the slingbox to a router and tv service and you can use it to watch tv on your computer. You won't be able to record to your computer only watch. If you want to record shows you would also need a dvr which you can control with the sling box. I have a dvr in my living room with the sling box. When I want to watch tv in my bedroom I watch it via the slingbox on my macbook pro. Furthermore, you are not limited to being in the same location as the slingbox. It broadcasts over the internet so anywhere you can get a connection to broadband you can watch from the slingbox anywhere in the world...

Reaction score
Apple TV synchronizes its content with your i Tunes library. However it only has 40GB in hard drive space -- what happens then if you have more than 40 GB worth of content in your PC? Can you customize what's available on your Apple TV within i Tunes, or should you always make sure the amount of content loaded in your i Tunes is less than 40GB?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.