mp3 dj controller for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
hi guys

i am looking for something to control mp3 play back on my mac basically being able to load a mp3 to each deck and play with speed controls and stuff this is for dj'ing in a night club and partys so has to be good quality and up to the task any help will be appreciated

thanks
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
what is your spending? the new Denon HC4500 is out, and is the only midi controller I am even considering, aside from the Serato Timecoded vinyl that I use. Did you want an all-in-one unit like the hercules or those numark controllers? I have the NUVJ for mixing video and its garbage(just like numark support). The HC4500 looks and feels just like a dual cd player, and comes with the concreteness of denon. The only problem is that there isnt much official software support for it yet, its all being done by 3rd parties. Virtual dj has unofficial support of it if you lurk their forums, and supposedly Serato is going to support midi inputs in its next update which is coming after osx upgrades.
Hope it helps.

OP
proxy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hi

thanks i had a look i have been looking at the M-Audio Xponent at the mo can pick one up for about £300 witch is top of my price range at to mo as its more of a toy at this stage. has any one tryed a M-Audio Xponent out let me know what you think.

also any items with the same functions out let me know about please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
I heard torq had sticker drift, which is when you line 2 songs up at the same bpm they will drift apart because the software was coded incorrectly. the hercules was the biggest all-in-one, but there really is no perfect solution. the http://rane.com/mp4.html it has fader start and pitch bend within the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
hi guys

i am looking for something to control mp3 play back on my mac basically being able to load a mp3 to each deck and play with speed controls and stuff this is for dj'ing in a night club and partys so has to be good quality and up to the task any help will be appreciated

thanks
Alex

Not to veer this thread off topic, but...playing mp3's and trying to maintain sound quality kind of contradict each other. Unless you are playing 320 kbps mp3 ripped from an original .wav file using a good encoder like LAME, you are already sacrificing sound quality. I'm all for digital/laptop DJing, as that seems to be the way things are headed, but, you can still play .wav files with any of these programs, so, why wouldn't you?

OP
proxy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not to veer this thread off topic, but...playing mp3's and trying to maintain sound quality kind of contradict each other. Unless you are playing 320 kbps mp3 ripped from an original .wav file using a good encoder like LAME, you are already sacrificing sound quality. I'm all for digital/laptop DJing, as that seems to be the way things are headed, but, you can still play .wav files with any of these programs, so, why wouldn't you?

yes slightly change topic and dont worry i have .wav and diffrent file types and have been running the music just from a dj program on my laptop and have not had a problem with the sound quality i am just looking for a more hands on and pro feel with some input hardware

Reaction score
I would recommend a software called "Tracktor Dj"....very nice & poweful dj digital software.

OP
proxy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would recommend a software called "Tracktor Dj"....very nice & poweful dj digital software.

thanks but i will need a program that is supported but the hardware i get as i have been using dj'ing apps for a wile i think i need something more pro

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.