Won't restart ...help

Reaction score
I was transfering some large files from my wife's macbook (intel) to mine. I set her computer as a "target" and transfered the file. Then I shut everything down. Now her macbook wont restart. It sits on the blue/gray screen with the spinning wheel of death going...then after about 2-5 min. it just turns off...I also can't get it to reboot as a target again. I am in trouble..my wife says I broke her computer...scared :eek:

I already tried to restart in safe mode...no luck...tried resesting the ram also...no luck.

Any ideas ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
Have you tried holding the Option(alt) key on startup to make sure it's finding the startup disk?

OP
S
Reaction score
yes. It did see the start up disk..however, when I select it..it still does the same thing..goes to the blue/gray screen and the spinning wheel...

next ?

Reaction score
Start up the MacBook from the install DVD holding "C" when you hear the chime ... navigate to Disc Utilities on the DVD and run Repair Disc Permissions then Repair Disc .... see if that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.