emac monitor - greys.

B

benlhoward

Hello there,

Work just bought me a brand new emac 3weeks ago - 1.25ghz, 512 ram, combo drive.

All was fine untill i was working on a website design using very contrasting black and white images. On my emac the images looked really nice but on everyone elses screen they looked greyscale, rather than black and white!

I opened a greyscale image on my mac from another source and it made anything under 15% black display white!

I tried the calibrator assistant on the emac but the initial brightness/contrast setup would not show the oval you had to adjust!

Think this makes sense.

Any help appreciated.

Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
go through apple hardware test (CD that came with Mac)
if your mac passed it and hardware is fine, reformat HD and reinstall OS.
if its hardware problem you have to exchange it. But I think its OS, since you cant see the calibration oval.

OP
B

benlhoward

ok thanks,

it just passed the hardware test, so i'll try the re-install tommorrow.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
great!
let us know how it goes.
its goot to know the ways of troubleshooting.

OP
B

benlhoward

just finished re-installing os x.

as the install box came on the screen i could see the grey lines in it and in the menu bar across the top (which i couldn't before). i carried on with the installation and when it asked me to restart i did. when my desktop came up i could see the grey lines in the menu bar across the top, so i thought the problem was solved - but in 2 seconds it changed back. i could really see hte difference when it did this. so it can display those colours, just choosing not to!

I thought i may have to calibrate, but again no oval!!!

not sure what to do now... any other ideas.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
apple center,
the only thing you can do is take it down to apple center and ask for a replacement

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.