iPhone wont show up in iPhoto on Macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 1.6 - iMac 20" for the wife
Hi

I have this brand new MacBook just purchased, and when I plug in my iPhone, it will launch iTunes automatically, and the phone show up there, but it wont be a recognized device for Image Import or iPhoto. When I plug it in to my Wife's also brand new iMac (same day purchase), it will display and I can download all the photos there, etc.\

Any suggestions are welcome about this issue. What shall I check? This is the first time I own a Mac, so I am pretty new to this.

Thanks

Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
It maybe worth having a look at your image capture app preferences that's cmd+, Have a look under the general tab to what is set to happen when you plug in.... Ps I don't have an iPhone and I'm just making a wild guess

Reaction score
OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi

What I did is tuned off the Auto-Start of iPhoto upon detecting a camera, and now all of a sudden, the iPhone is seen in iPhoto, when I manually start it.

I dont know how it was related to my problem, but it works now, so I am happy all the way.

Initial problem was that no matter which USB I connected my iPhone to, it was never recognized as an imaging device, however it was recognized by iTunes. This puzzled me, but now works, so I am happy happy,

Thanks for all suggestions links,

Ben

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I still have the problems somehow with iPhoto not showing the iPhone, but if I close iTunes and unmount the Shared SAMBA drive that is associated with iPhoto and iTunes, then remount it, and replug the iPhone and start iPhoto, it works. Dont know why, but I am happy anyhow,

Cheers

Ben

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.