6 billion people webpage

Reaction score
just knowing that Mac guys like cool stuff I am posting this website that i created.
http://www.6bpw.com
The idea is simple. I try to fit all people one one page.
everyone can only upload image and get one spot on page.
that's all.

comments or upload your image

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Wow, interesting idea. Good luck getting 6 billion people XD

Reaction score
Very cool...hope you have a lot of bandwidth on your server...especially once this catches on...

What did you use to build it...???

Good Luck...

OP
V
Reaction score
java and Ajax.

For now I think i am ok. I will see how it goes. if it gets busy i will by more bandwith.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
how do you plan on making money from it.. once people join they wont' come back.. do you have any way of attracting people to come back (comments, rankings, etc?)

Then you can make alot of money from ad space. (sorry, I always look at things from a business stand point, if this is just a hobby and not planning on making money from it then disregard this post)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.16 4gig 160GB
just knowing that Mac guys like cool stuff I am posting this website that i created.
http://www.6bpw.com
The idea is simple. I try to fit all people one one page.
everyone can only upload image and get one spot on page.
that's all.

comments or upload your image

so cool, link on my blog already

OP
V
Reaction score
how do you plan on making money from it.. once people join they wont' come back.. do you have any way of attracting people to come back (comments, rankings, etc?)

Then you can make alot of money from ad space. (sorry, I always look at things from a business stand point, if this is just a hobby and not planning on making money from it then disregard this post)

I don't think about money side for now. I am on my own on this project and don't have time to think about it. For now I just concentrate on features.Cool features. Not like comments, ranking. something better. I have some cool ideas that i want to implement. It will take time. Hopefully people start uploading images.
upload your images guys. help to expand my site.

OP
V
Reaction score
so cool, link on my blog already
wow. thanks. thats so cool. I wonder if I can give you small image as logo?
something like this. I can just make it smaller
logo.gif

OP
V
Reaction score
Chicago Light Festival

I have decided to expand the site and created new feature called "day in images". This is place where any photo is allowed that capture specific day.From animals,people to cars,building. Anything that captures specific day. Each day gets preserved as one separate webpage. I went to Chicago Light Festival yesterday and posted lot's of photos.
would be nice to see how this day looked in your town. this is how it looked in mine. www.6bpw.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.