Whats the deal? I need advice please.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
Now i know leopard is out next friday but there have been rumours about a new macbook coming out for the release of leopard. Is this true? Whats your opinion on this i was going to go and buy my new mac tomorrow but i dont want to buy it to find a new modell comes out 4 days later!. If there is a new model coming in will the changes be purely cosmetic or will they be significantly technical?

What does everyone here think?

OP
Mac_OS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh and is iwork 08 worth getting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 MBP, 3gb ram, not enough disk space, iPod Classic, iPhone, techno-addiction
I think I would always wait to purchase hardware until after a) Apple releases a new OS, and B) Macworld San Francisco. You're days away from Leopard, hold off until then. And then go buy your MacBook on Friday during the OS release so you can score free schwag like t-shirts, mousepads, etc. OS releases at Apple Retail stores is actually pretty fun.

iWork 08 is worth it if you've been using Keynote in the past and want new templates. Numbers is pretty cool but I don't have enough reason to use it in depth. And I've been a big Pages user since it was released and I haven't opened Word in over a year. The upgrade to Pages is mostly template additions and a few odds and ends but I still think it's worth it.

OP
Mac_OS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thank you for your input but you didnt really answer my question in regards to the possibility of a new macbook model,

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
No one knows. It's Apple. No one ever knows. Ever. Ever.

OP
Mac_OS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmmm what would you do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
i'd wait for the macworld sanfrancisco...
they've upgraded ipods after a month i bought one!!!it was pretty bad actually for the same money...
it is time for the macbooks i think..but u know if u decide to wait that means u have to wait till eternity,there is always be new improvements and better devices...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 MBP, 3gb ram, not enough disk space, iPod Classic, iPhone, techno-addiction
According to the rumor mill, Apple is buying up all kinds of Intel processors. Are they already in the pipeline and fit to be released soon? Who knows. But... why would Apple steal its own thunder by releasing new MacBooks when they're releasing the most major OS they've ever developed? New MacBooks might be slated for release before Xmas though. How patient are you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I think... Upon the Leopard release, a new MB/MBP line will be announce for release later in the year/early next year. I fairly certain it'll be a major hardware + cosmetic update. I'm going to wait until the next model comes out, whenever it is. That way I know I get Leopard and there won't be an update in the not-too-distant future.

iWork 08 is definitely worth it IMO. I haven't used anything from Office 2004 since iWork 08 came out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.