Won't turn on!

Reaction score
So, I have an iBook 600 that will not respond at all. No matter what I try (trying another battery, another power adapter) I cannot get this thing to turn on at all. I've tried unhooking power to it, holding down power for 30 seconds and trying again but still can't. I've taken the thing apart too to see if everything looked ok and everything did. What could it be? Could it be the PRAM battery? please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 300MHz 288mb RAM Mac OS X (Panther), iMac G3 500MHz (Panther), iMac G3 350MHz (Tiger), iPod
Try this:
First, disconnect from the a/c, then remove the battery, then hold down the power button for 30 sec., then return to a/c power only. Press down power until second chime.

If that doesn't work:
Let the iBook set for at least one week. Even better is a month.
This will totally drain the battery.

This is a pretty known thing. I call it "LIFE" syndrome. The battery will need to stay in the unit and let it totally drain-(week to month).

As for it being the PRAM battery sorry to tell you there isn't one in the iBook.

Hope this helps, PM if this doesn't help or does.

Thanks,
iMac/iBook Kid500 :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.