Photo transfer from card reader

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac OS X Ver.10.6.5, 2.16 GHZ intel core 2 duo
When I transfer pictures via a card reader I would like to see the images before saying yes to import and choose which images with a check mark like I do on my PC. Must be possible but I am having trouble with this.
Thanks in advance,
Finn

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
You can import with Finder. Just click on your mounted card reader disc icon in the finder select a picture or pictures right click and chose slide show from there you can import directly to iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Interesting. When I connect my camera to the Mac to import, iPhoto automaticaly asks if I want to import all, or import selected photo's, as it reads and displays all that are on the card/camera.
I am using the latest iPhoto that came with iLife.
Maybe it's different with a card reader, but I can't imagine why.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
It is possible to import selected into iPhoto 08 .iPhoto 06 could only do selected imports with image capture, or by highlighting ,and dragging onto the icon. I used an automator action to ipmort ,view ,and add comments with iPhoto 06. here is my post on how to do that. http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=402923&postcount=9

I have yet to try with 08

The finder way is great if you don't want the images in iPhoto

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.