Trouble down/uploading files from internet

Reaction score
Im probably in the wrong area here but anyway, I have a wireless connection on my macbook. Wenever i try to download some freeware off apple downloads, bit torrents, or uploading pictures or dj mixes to the internet the blue loading bar sits at the http mark and doesnt progress. So i cannot complete these. Im wondering if anyone has experienced this and knows the answer as ive posted in a few other forums

cheers

[email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
It will most definitley be a question of not having the right ports open on your router. You need to use port forwarding to allow correct access.
I am surprised that you can't get free ware stuff though - normally it would be ok, so that's a bit puzzling. Bit Torrent is a whole different matter.I assume you have no trouble browsing.
Look up details about forwarding your router on Google, or if you have a D-Link, I can probably help you more.

OP
P
Reaction score
hiya thanks for your help , yes. i do have a d-link wireless router. Is there anything i can physically do?? ive spent ages trying diffferent combos in preferences , proxies etc but ive just swapped over to mac in the last 2weeks so its a whole new world

cheers
phil

OP
P
Reaction score
and sorry no i dont have trouble browsing either, i was able to get freeware and bit toreents at first now im not able to

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.