digital camera drivers for OS X

Reaction score
Hi all,first post on here so hope someone can help.I've recently bought an imac after suffering a couple of years of ordinary p.c's My present digital camera is a fairly new Hitachi HDC-756E which my imac will not recognise and I was wondering if drivers are available anywhere to download.I like the camera and do not want to go through the expense of buying a imac compatible new one. Heres hoping,thanks,John.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 white book with some niffty icons
I am going to have to take a shot at this and say, You shouldn't need a driver for the mac. The camera should just simply plus via usb and the pictures should be there.

Another option could be to get an SD card reader.

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Fuji S700. Instead of downloading a nonexistant driver, I use Iphoto or (now)IView Pro to download from the camera. This camera wont show up in Finder as a drive but some programs see it fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Yep, no drivers required. Just plug it in. And then launch iPhoto if it doesn't launch automatically.

Alternatively, you could change the USB setting on your camera (through the camera menu) to USB Mass storage instead of PTP.

OP
R
Reaction score
Many thanks to the people who responded to my query,I'll take onboard what was said and report back,thanks again.:D

OP
R
Reaction score
After all the messing trying to solve the problem it turns out the digital camera was faulty.Replaced it today,connected the new one to the imac and everything worked as it should,thanks again for taking the trouble to help.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 white book with some niffty icons
Good to hear, enjoy your new working camera, and your working computer. Also keep us up to date on how things are going.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.