I deleted my ampersand spring thing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
I somehow managed to drag my @ springboard icon off the dock and into oblivion. I was able to drag the link back to the dock, but it created just a square html icon.
It works but it bothers me nonetheless.

Anyone know how to restore the ampersand spring icon?

Reaction score
Try this: Go to Apple's site and drag the URL into the dock. (I've been stuck using OS 9 for months, so I might be wrong. If so, you might have to drag the URL to the desktop, then the dock.)

OP
savagehenry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
Thanks, I have it back. I initially dragged it out of firefox and got the html square. It worked out of Safari, though.

Thanks again!!

Arn

Reaction score
I initially dragged it out of firefox and got the html square.
Strange, because I used Firefox almost exclusively, but I must have discovered it with Safari.

Or maybe it worked from the Mozilla site using Firefox. I know I had a lineup of three or four springs to different sites, so it's not an exclusive Apple thing, though it's probably supposed to be. But all the springs were identical — nothing differentiated their addresses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The at symbol (@) has no official name. It's known as 'at' or 'commercial'.

The '&' sign is known as 'ampersand'.

Just a bit of trivia for you there :)

OP
savagehenry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Powerbook G4, iPhone
Alexis,

You're absolutely correct. Not sure why I got them confused. I will have to have at least one more cup of coffee before I type anything else. (and this would have woke me out of a dead sleep later tonight)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Maybe you hitting your head with that pick-axe has got something to do with you getting those words all mixed up...:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.