Remote Access To A PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.0, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD
Alright.
I am looking for a program or method to be connected to a network, and do remote access on a computer, connected to the network, but fast and easy connecting.

I'd be on a laptop, MacBook, and connected to the router where the desktops are connected to.

So I pretty much want remote access, as easy and fast as possible, while connecting via wireless to the router thats connected to a wired network of PC's.

If easier, I can parallel XP or something.

And if possible, I'd like access to the other computers without having to run over the the computers and accepting acceptance.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
Logmein.com is about as fast an easy as it gets, and it runs in your browser. It is a commercial service, but there is a free version available. (The free version does not have file transfer.)

You could also use VNC. Install UltraVNC (available at ultravnc.com) on the PCs, and I would recommend JollysFastVNC (available here) as the Mac viewer. It is still early in development, but it is by far the fastest VNC viewer I have used on any computer.

If you want easy file transfer, you can either run the Windows UltraVNC viewer on your Mac (you can use Parallels or Fusion, but it also runs just fine in CrossoverMac or DarWine) or use Windows Remote Desktop if the PCs are running XP or Vista Pro (download the Mac client from Microsoft.)

Let me know if you have any questions.

OP
Teh_Derek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.0, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD
So, install UltraVNC on the PC's, and install JollysFastVNC on my Mac?

And I can connect to the PC's fast, and without having to allow permission on the PC's.

Like when setting it up, can I check 'always allow'?

And how do I connect to more then one computer? All on the same LAN.

Like connect to PC 1, do what I need to do, then connect to PC 2.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.