iPhone Success Story

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You may have seen my post in Anything Goes that says I am out on the road on a business trip. My new iPhone put in some great service on the first leg of this trip, enabling to get to my hotel from the airport where I would otherwise have been lost.

Landed at LaGuardia New York, and needed to get out to an hotel in an outlying community. The cabbie got hopelessly lost and things were looking bleak. I pulled out my trusty new iPhone and fired up Google Maps. I entered the zip code of the hotel and instantly had a relevant map. After checking a few road signs whizzing by, I managed to locate where we were on the map and was able to provide the cabbie with the help he needed to get to the hotel..

Way to go iPhone! Normally, we would have called the hotel, gotten some general (and usually misleading) directional advice and cast around for a long time before finding the hotel. With the iPhone, we navigated straight there, saving time AND fare!

I think I'm in love! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I know exactly what you mean. A customer at where I work was trying to get his friend to our location but he couldn't figure out where the friend was. So I whipped out my phone, found out where the person was once I got the cross streets, and then once I plugged in my business address, we had turn by turn directions to give the guy. The guy was so impressed that he said he was gonna go to the Apple Store later that day and pick up an iPhone for himself ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Sweet! Makes me halfway consider an iPhone, despite my highly frugal nature. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Aggh. I remember lugging a 35lb suitcase around half of London because the stupid hotel website said it was right next to the station.

Well it wasn't, and I walked about a mile circumnavigating the station before I finally gave up, called them and found they were quarter of a mile away.

Then I realised I had Google maps on my Blackberry and could have found this out before I left the station.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
OK, I am back from my trip. I have now had my iPhone one whole week. In that one week, it has gone from being a neat toy to an indispensable tool. Anyone who travels a lot on business should not be without one. The email and web interfaces are the best I have ever used, bar none, on a mobile device. Absolutely fantastic. The Google Maps functionality is seamless, and a life saver, per my original post, and the WiFi hookup is "like butter"! What a fabulous device!

Reaction score
Phenomenal story... I love it.

The 'indispensable tool' line could not be more true.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.