Need Scanner Recommendations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I have photos i want to scan. Money is kind of an issue, but second to quality. I hear cheap scanners do a pretty good job, but "pretty good" can be subjective. If anyone who has experience with scanners can either recommend something to me or give me some info/knowledge that will help me with my search, I would appreciate it.

Reaction score
I have a Canon LiDE 30 which a USB scanner, its very good it can do:
* Black and White, Grayscale, Colour, Text
* 300 to 1200 dpi
* Descreen, unsharp mask, different colour modes
* Integrates with most Graphics packages
* Has built in Scan, Copy, Email buttons on scanner itself for quick copies

Works with Mac OS and Windows and around £50 or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I have an all-in-one HP Photosmart C5100 Printer/Copier/Scanner/Fax... I hadn't used the scanner part until about 2 weeks ago when my wife needed to scan in old (60+ years) pictures and new pictures of her father to make a book through iPhoto... The images scanned in at amazing quality... I was soooo impressed, and the book turned out perfect!!!

Reaction score
I have a Canon LIDE 30 scanner and when I try to install the download toolkit software, I get an error message saying that I don t have sufficient privileges. Can you please help. As sole user I am the admin. and I ve tried just about everything. Anyone with suggestions or same problem. Thanks!

CHEO

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.