Backup software/process advice

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to this forum andhave a basic question. I recently had a serious (in my mind anyway) problem w/my Macbook pro which ultimately required a total fresh install of the system while erasing my hard-drive. I possibly could have figured out a way to avoid this, however, after two days of frustration, decided it was the best course of action to take.

With the title of my forum entry, you can probably guess that I didn't have a backup. With that said, I am looking for a relatively painless process for backing up my files. I have an external USB drive which has plenty of space. I could also use some information on making the USB drive Bootable.

thanks for the advice in advance!

signed, clueless user

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, chasedan.

The best app out there for easy backups is SuperDuper!, most definitely. I use it to make a backup before an OS or software update and when I feel it has been too far between backups.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.