From UK to Canada for a week...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Im going to canada for a week and im going to be taking my macbook with me (british)

Will i only need a uk:USA power adapter and will this work fine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I am pretty sure I am right in saying that almost all plugs are the same in North America.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I was in British Columbia last year and they have the same plugs as the USA.

Reaction score
Surrey or Sheffield, UK.. or I might even be in Aa
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" (mid-2009 edition), 2.66Ghz, 4GB, 640GB HDD
I'm pretty sure the question is more about the power than the plugs themselves.. ie... is there any need for a step-down?

Or was it step-up. I can never remember ><

But I don't know the answer :(

Reaction score
I ran a web search for macbook voltage, and this was the first in the list:
The MacBook or MacBook Pro both come with a battery and a variable-voltage (110V/240V) power adapter. Purchase the optional Apple World Travel Adapter Kit (sold separately) and power/charge your notebook from most electrical AC outlets worldwide.
The voltage and plugs are the same throughout North America, so the "optional Apple World Travel Adapter Kit" probably is overkill (and probably expensive, though I didn't check). Only a plug adapter for North America is needed.

There are two varieties of wall sockets and plugs — two-prong and three-prong. Any three-prong includes a ground, or earth, connection. But a two-prong plug fits in a three-prong socket. Wall sockets, unless very old, are polarized — plugs fit only one way.

nay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
black macbook
just so you know the voltage in north america is 110V.
but pretty much all the adapters now work well with a range of 100-240V
and the plug type is universal in us and canada.

Reaction score
The apple travel adapter kit really isn't too badly priced, if you ever plan on going anywhere else in the world it wouldn't hurt to have whatever adapter you would need there. Oh, and once more, Canada and the US is the same. Just for your peace of mind. I'm Canadian, and its 110V, at 60Hz, same as the US, and even Mexico I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.