Adium Problems...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I used this program a while ago and didn't like it... so went back to the standard Microsoft MSN. Today I decided to give it another go. Only 2 problems encountered:

1. The font colour won't stay changed. It's some weird light blue colour at the moment which is hard to read. I want to change my font. So I do it. It changes, I talk, and after I send the first message it goes back to being the same weird blue. I set it as my default, and it just keeps changing back after one message.

2. The iTunes status doesn't work... I don't know if it's supposed to work only with other Adium users, I don't have any on my list but everyone who uses the standard Windows MSN can't see it. Is it supposed to come up where normally there would be a "personal message"? I can't even see where I would put a personal message... but I can see everyone elses.

Hope someone can help here... thanks.

EDIT: I also noticed that emoticons don't appear in MSN names. Can I change this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz "new" 24" iMac
The now playing in iTunes stuff doesn't show for MSN users. Compatibility with MSN messenger and all of it's quirks is Adium's only real weak point but I still think it is the best client for the Mac.

OP
Leukeh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Ok thanks =) I figured out that I can put %_iTunes in my MSN name and the song will come up there, which will do for now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.