Question About 10.4.10 Combo Update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I recently did a clean install of the OS and used the 10.4.10 update. Does this include the superdrive 2.1 update as well? When I do a software update it says I am fine. Just wondering.

Reaction score
Have a look in the following:

Macintosh HD ~> Library ~> Receipts

Look for the SuperDriveFWUpdate.pkg. If you perform a Get Info on this file, you will see the version number.

Did you specifically want that update? I think Apple removed it as it was causing some issues with portables and I see you have a MacBook ....

You can still get it at Version Tracker but it has a warning attached:

A couple of warnings before you apply the update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The SuperDrive update is a firmware update...it updates the drive itself, not the OS. Once you've updated a drive, it's done. It does not need to be re-applied when you update the software.

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
The SuperDrive update is a firmware update...it updates the drive itself, not the OS. Once you've updated a drive, it's done. It does not need to be re-applied when you update the software.

I don't see it in the library, my superdrive is working fine and I updated it when that update came out originally. I'm guessing it would be best to leave things as is?

Reaction score
Maybe the Firmware update still lives on your MB but as you reinstalled the OS, that's why the .pkg isn't in the Library? Just an afterthought ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.