Switch windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2 Ghz/ 2GB RAM / 120 GB HDD
In OS X 10.4 multiple windows of the same application are grouped together so when you 'command+tab' you do not see each individual application window, but rather a single icon representing the application, irrespective of how many application windows are open (for e.g. multiple instances of Firefox). Is there any way to disable this grouping so that I can see each individual instance of the application window? Windows has this feature.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2GHz intel core duo 2 GB ram Mac os x 10.5 Leopard
just learned this one yesterday
command ~

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2 Ghz/ 2GB RAM / 120 GB HDD
Nice, but this only allow you to cycle through windows of the same application. What if I want to cycle through all windows open on my desktop?

Reaction score
I have never found a way to do this either....there might be a hack for it somewhere.

Your best bet is to switch to the right application (apple + tab), then switch between instances (apple + ~)..

You could also use the show all windows feature (can't remember special name). I set mine as a hotspot in the bottom left corner, and it's pretty effective to find what you want amongst a heap of windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.