looking for a customized shutdown app

Reaction score
I work at a university and our lab is constantly having problems with the students not listening to our staff and keeping them later than they are scheduled to be here. Most of them are given a 45 minute warning for shutting down but do not listen and end up trying to solve all their problems at the last minute, causing all kinds of issues.

We are looking for a program that will work as a forced shutdown or logout that then requires an admin password to start back up. We have checked through the options and schedule in the control panel and it does not allow for this to happen through the energy saver. The only thing we could find is that in the security settings, it could require a password to wake up after having gone to sleep. An application that would force sleep would also work, but one that gives warnings that it is going to happen in a certain amount of time with no option to cancel would be ideal.

I know this is a lot to ask for, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.