Generic switcher anxiety rant

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Well, my 17" powerbook was supposed to arrive yesterday (according to fedex.com tracking). So naturally I waited around all day like a kid waiting to get his first bike. I wait.....and I wait....and I wait....finally it gets dark out and the fedex website hasn't changed its status since the day before. I called fedex and apparently the package was held in customs in anchorage alaska and will not arrive until Monday! I was pretty bummed out. At least this will give me some more "goodbye time" with my PC. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
well at least this is something you can blame FedEx or the USGov on and not apple

Reaction score
I know the feeling about "goodbye time". I spent last evening migrating my data onto a spare hard drive and reflecting on the good times I had with the machine. Don't get me wrong, I don't second guess my decision to switch (at least, not yet), but there is still something about building a PC with your own two hands, knowing it inside and out and then seeing it go to someone else who really only wants it because it looks cool. The guy who bought mine won't be able to do half of what the computer is capable of, but oh well.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Yeah, i'm not going to sell my pc. I'll still use it for doom 3 when that comes out this week, and I will use it to stream media to my xbox on my tv.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Why good bye? Why not use both? They will happily coexist on the same network without additional hardware. You just need to set up the networking, takes you 5 mins.

Reaction score
For me it is goodbye because I am trying to "lose some weight" before heading to Europe later this year. I simply can't afford to drag around a bunch of hardware, when I only need a small laptop (iBook will be here Tuesday!), digital camera, and cell phone. Once I get back, I most likely will build another PC, if only for career purposes. It pays to be dual-platform.

In the meantime, it is bye-bye for now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.