Looking for best Mac Multifunctional printer

Reaction score
I have a Brother multifunctional that is supposed to be wireless and have all the bells and whistles, but of course many don't work with Mac. I can't scan through the network (in fact lately I can't scan at all), etc., etc.

I want my new iMac to be upstairs and be able to wirelessly scan/print/fax/copy to the machine downstairs. I'm giving my Brother to my parents who will be happy with it and their pc's, and they are buying me a new one. But which one?!? I haven't been able to find one that will have all functions operational by a Mac.

I forgot to add that I want a monochrome laser printer and it does have to have a fax.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
A good multifunction MAC compatible printer is the Epson RX640 - not wireless though

Reaction score
i love the hp6180. the 802.11g wireless multi-printer networks flawlessly with my airport station and 2 windows pcs and 2 macs. scanning through the network is not a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I have a Brother multifunctional and it works great, it is connected however to an Airport Extreme.

Reaction score
Ok, so this is a MAJOR bump, but I'm looking for an inkjet AIO wireless printer - I've researched so much that I'm thoroughly confused. I have a Canon Pixma MP610 which I really like, but it isn't wireless and I've tried everything to get it to print from my MB (I have an iMac also) to no avail. I'm using an Airport Extreme as well. Even paid $10 to Canon phone support - waste of money. Suggestions?

Oh, don't print many pics, so that isn't a big deal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
HP C6380 works great for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::
stay away from HP! I've had nothing but problems with them. Prints when it wants to...shuts off then won't turn back on w/o unplugging it...feed takes multiple pages when trying to just print one page...They're wastes of money and I will never buy one again. I think my wireless one was the c4580 but I could be wrong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Ok, so this is a MAJOR bump ... I have a Canon Pixma MP610 ... I've tried everything to get it to print from my MB.
Bumping right on back to your MP610, how is it not printing from your MB? Canon are normally the most reliable of printers with Mac. Perhaps we can deal with that issue first.

Oh, don't print many pics, so that isn't a big deal
How about this one (and for the OP as well)? Canon Pixma MP980 All in One Wireless Printer - Multifunction Laser & Inkjets - Elive.co.nz, in particular the Specs. Translate that NZ website to one in the US/your country.

Because I too don't print many colour pics, I invested in a Brother mono laser printer. It is utterly reliable. For inkjet printing, scanning, copying, I have a Canon MP110. Not wireless, basic, but then I've seldom understood the logic of having a wireless printer unless it's associated with a LAN. It's such a simple matter to plug in a USB connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.