What would you do?

Reaction score
I recently bought a new Macbook (yay!) and now have converted to the Mac side for good. Naturally I want to protect my baby from any harm. I bought a speck clear case for it, but after seeing reviews that it still scratches the delicate surface, I was going to buy something like bestskinsever or invisible shield to put on as well. It that over kill? What would you do? Any advide would be great, first hand preferable.

Also does anyone know where I can buy a touch pad protectors? Everything I have found so far comes with a wrist guard (which I already have). Thanks everyone!!:D

OP
W
Reaction score
Just Bought a New Macbook...and lovin' it!

So I finally took the plunge and bought a mac for the first time....and It's amazing! I want to protect it, and since the white plastic is VERY prone to scratching I bought a Speck clear case ( www.speckproducts.com). I was looking at their reviews and I noticed a lot of people said they still found scratches even with the case on it. So I was thinking of buying something like bestskinsever (www.bestskinsever.com) or the invisible shield (www.invisibleshield.com) along with the hardshell case. What do you think? Is it overkill? Please let me know because I want to protect it as soon as possible. thanks all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 Ram GeForce 8600M GT 128 MB 120 GB HDD
I just got my MacBook Pro so I know the feeling. I am also thinking about an invisible shield or something like that so I'll be watching this thread too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Try one of these: http://goincase.com/products/detail/13-neoprene-sleeve-cl57077

I use one when transporting my Mac and feel it does a good job. You can cut out the tag on the inside so it's even less likely to scratch your new Mac. Unless you just have to have the Mac in pristine condition, a sleeve will probably work for you.

OP
W
Reaction score
you will probably think I am the biggest dork ever...but i already have one. I carry my macbook a lot but i also whip it out for class, work, and at home on the couch... so pretty much non stop mac action. I already have scratches on the bottom and it's only like a week old. I prefer to also have something that covers my macbook while using it since that's when most of the scratches will come from. thanks for the help though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
We had an invisible shield on my wife's macbook for a year. The top was fine but the bottom had dark yellow marks on it almost like the shield was overheating or something. Wierd cause it wasn't over the entire shield, it was just in certain areas. It did protect the bottom from scratches and stuff, but the yellowing kinda freaked me out.

T

OP
W
Reaction score
do you think that it would be fine to put the invisible shield on my macbook, and then my speck case on top?

OP
W
Reaction score
ok people please help...The longer i wait the more scratched my macbook gets. Not trying to be rude but I hate when people look at forums,have an opinion and don't leave them.

OP
W
Reaction score
Need some help...

I just bought a macbook last week and started noticing scratches on the bottom. I ordered a speck case (www.specproducts.com) but a lot of people say they actually scratch their macbook more than protect it. I want a hardshell case but don't want it to damage my computer. So...should I get something like invisible shield to protect my macbook in case the hardshell case will scratch it? I already have a neoprene case because I haul it around in my bag every day but still want the protection when I am using it as well. Let me know what y'all think.:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
My black macbook is over a year old. I dont use a case and there are very few scratches..... so i dont really buy into cases etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I agree with Chimpur... I have the Black MacBook and pretty much Scratch free since I got it.

But I think it would be over kill with both the Case and the Shield... Good Luck anyways.

Cheers

OP
W
Reaction score
I'm already seeing scratches on my white macbook...again only a week old. Thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
To be honest I have to agree, I have a MB I love and cherrish & to be honest it get's thrown around and put through ****.

I have so many surface scratches on it.. But none that you can even see unless you hold it up against the light.

I also own a PB and its worse being aluminum, honestly, im relieved to use my MB and be able to get a bit rough with it.

You'll find after time that you will bump and knock it around a bit and realize its not as weak as it seems lol.

It can take a bit of a battering..

www.mareware.com

They have some Apple protection packs that might interest you tho..

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
Any time. Also have a good look on eBay esp at international seller's they seem to stock a lot of film protection for MB trackpad's ect..

You might find a cheaper option there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
thanks guys it has helped a lot...

Sarcasm doesn't get you anywhere. Give the thread some time to breathe. You've had the Macbook a week and finally posted a few hours ago. There have been PLENTY of threads talking about the "best" case for a Macbook.

If you need advice immediately, do a search. Really, it's all preference. Don't toss it off any balconies tonight and check back in the morning.

Also, there was a thread started recently for some stuff that removes scuffs and stuff from the Macbook case.

Reaction score
as it has been said im not into cases eaither. i would just becareful and there is no need for one. ;D

-jeremi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
We had an invisible shield on my wife's macbook for a year. The top was fine but the bottom had dark yellow marks on it almost like the shield was overheating or something. Wierd cause it wasn't over the entire shield, it was just in certain areas. It did protect the bottom from scratches and stuff, but the yellowing kinda freaked me out.

T

Funny you should mention that. I've been looking at various skins and protective cases for a while and always wondered how they effect heat dissipation.

J

M

MacHeadCase

ok people please help...The longer i wait the more scratched my macbook gets. Not trying to be rude but I hate when people look at forums,have an opinion and don't leave them.

First thing, it might help if you posted your question in the right forum.

Second, it doesn't mean that everyone that looks at a thread knows what to answer or has an opinion on the subject, ya dig?

*Moved thread to the right forum*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.