Basic Domain Question

Reaction score
How do you go about purchasing a domain if there are no purchasing options when you go to that particular address?

Also. Is there a way to make a site on iWeb and publish it to a seperate domain?

Thanks

Reaction score
2stickshosting.com is a domain registrar.

All you do is go to the link above and click on domains, then type the domain name you wish to purchase in the box provided.

You pay for domains on a yearly basis.

---
I am not sure about the iWeb question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
godaddy.com or easydns.com can also help you buy a domain name.

Once you have the domain, you need to find someone to host it for you. Once that is paid for, there are some setup things to be done to make sure people get to the right place.

iWeb has the option to save your creation to a local folder. From their you upload it your host via FTP. I consider iWeb a bit ugly in how it does this and the space it uses. Apple prefers you use it with .Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
Also try namesecure.com, this is who I use.

Reaction score
If you were able to view a site with the address you want it means a company/person already owns it and you will have to buy it from them.

Reaction score
1and1 is the cheapest, but they have a very bad reputation amongst domain holders.
I would recommend moniker or namecheap

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.