Help!!!

T

The mac 13

Ok my sis is going into Uni on the 10 of august, right after Singapore's National day. My dad is VERY willing to buy her a lappie but she and my dad are stuck between ibm toshiba and fujitsu.. i have already told her to invest in a mac and if she still use a wintel, enjoy her stay wif microsoft. ok my prob is that nxt week, there will b another comp fair at NUS(National University Singapore) and there shd b an apple booth. I want to convince her to mac(switch), so what should i show her and how on a mac. i think that if she mac, it will b an iBook(12" upgraded). so what shd i show her(Virtually- os x thingys)??? :confused: :confused:

p.s: wats the function and uses of the open apple key?

OP
M

Matt

Just take her to to a good Apple Store and let her play around with the Macs. I'm sure she'll like ther designs of Apples.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Ask the stall assistant to demonstrate the capabilities of the Macintosh system.

OP
T

The mac 13

oh ya..she said that she was interested wif the toshia a100 because of its wite pearl colour..i told her that apple was the first one who came out wif tat design n stuff..she didnt believe.. :mad:

OP
A

anarkhy 17

You must convert her to the Mac... Remember you are a MAChova Whitness :).

Oh yeah, and show here around the apple website (if she likes the pearl white show her the iBook)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
The mac 13 said:
p.s: wats the function and uses of the open apple key?
Apple key = command, Apple W close window (finder) Apple Q quit app C = copy V = paste I = get info

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I say let her make her own decisions, as she is old enough to do so...

OP
N

Nightblade

Absolute Zero said:
I say let her make her own decisions, as she is old enough to do so...

I might have to agree with you, Zero. This girl may have valid reasons for choosing a PC, and considering she's used a PC all her life, it might be best for her to stick with one, as she'd be new and inexperienced in the Mac world. I mean, why do you feel she HAS to be a Mac user?

BTW, as for the Apple (Command) key, to put it in simple terms, it's the Mac equivalent of the Control (Ctrl) key on Windows. Control (Ctrl) is also on Macs, but it does different stuff. Sometimes the Apple (Command) key also does stuff that the Alt key does on Windows, such as navigate through your history in a web browser.

OP
J

jaetique

Honestly, let her figure out her choice on her own. You don't have to convince her that Apples are the cream of the crop or anything like that. It depends on what you use the computer for. So if PC is what she's comfortable with and she isn't keen on switching, leave her be.

It's not a religion.

OP
N

Nightblade

jaetique said:
Honestly, let her figure out her choice on her own. You don't have to convince her that Apples are the cream of the crop or anything like that. It depends on what you use the computer for. So if PC is what she's comfortable with and she isn't keen on switching, leave her be.

It's not a religion.

I'm totally with ya on this.

OP
T

The mac 13

jaetique said:

It's not a religion.
hey hey finally a singaporean!!! Happy NAtional day to u!!!

OP
N

Nightblade

The mac 13 said:
Ya i think its up to her..hey hey ya have followed ma slang..hmm..mayb u r frontin...

Please don't say that word! It's offensive! No forum will tolerate it, no matter who uses it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.