Stickers that play off the illuminated logo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
Any suggestions or examples of this? I'm not one for stickers, but a friend an I were talking about it and I became very curious why I haven't seen more of this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16ghz,2 gigs ram, 120gigs--ipod nano red 4 gig--ipod vid 30 gig black-- rip macbook
thye used to come with the minis and 4th gen ipods i think....

OP
davidgallant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
my iphone came with apple stickers, but i meant stickers that were on the top flap of the macbook that used the backlight as part of an accent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz, Macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
my iphone came with apple stickers, but i meant stickers that were on the top flap of the macbook that used the backlight as part of an accent.

what?

you're talking about changing the logo light to a different color right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I *think* what he means is a sort of colored film to go over the apple light for different colors/patterns

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz, Macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
in that case, yes there is a way to change the color of the illuminted logo. however, you're going to have to take apart the notebook and then insert a colored film and depending on which notebook you have, it can range from being really easy to extremely difficult.. esp. with the macbooks. www.ifixit.com can show you how to do this.

this will void the warranty btw..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD
Go to an automotive shop that does tinting and ask them if they can give you a scrap of the color you want (in about 40%). Then go online for a guide on applying automotive vynil (water, a credit card to massage out bubbles, and a hair dryer to make it shrink slightly and adhere better) then apply it over the apple, let it dry after you attach it, then use an eXacto knife or razor blade to carefully cut away the non-apple parts, and if you want you can also cut out a dsign in the middle part that overlaps the light. If it's not free, a shop should charge you pocket change for a simple scrap.

Reaction score
Did you mean something like this?
scaledimagexs5.th.jpg

Or stickers more tailored to highlight the Apple?

OP
davidgallant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
something like what you have. I dj with my macbook and thought about building a logo that utilized the glowing. Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
Not sure what you are talking about...

but in case you are talking about the white Apple Stickers, they come with almost every Apple Product. I got 2 with my .mac box, 2 with my MBP, and 2 small ones with my iPod Classic.

If you are talking about the glowing Apple logo on the lid of the notebooks, those are just a white film with a clear plastic cover. The light emitted from it comes from the backlight of the screen. The higher the brightness you make your screen, the brighter the logo will glow.

Reaction score
something like what you have. I dj with my macbook and thought about building a logo that utilized the glowing. Thanks for the info!

There are places online that can print/cut custom vinyl decals for you, but you can make your own if you can find vinyl that'll go through a computer printer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
i just did this to my black macbook. its not as hard as everyone says that it would be for this computer. it looks great. i just carefully took off the front shroud around the screen took out the necessary screws carefully laid down the screen and cut out the white film that is on the apple and put in some red transparency film. then closed it all back up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 1GB RAM, 120GB HD, 2GHZ, Core2Duo
My Macbook,iPod Touch came with them

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I love how every second person got the point of this thread a bit muddled up :)

OP is wondering why you don't see more people use decals or vinyl stickers OVER the glowing apple logo to create interesting effects.

I had wondered that as well, you would have thought it would lent itself to more creative ideas over the years...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
yeah they should really make it colored leds so you can change it on command. that would be awesome. but i like mine how its read now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" - 2.4GHz // iBook G4 12" - 1.33GHz // iPhone 3GS - 16GB
Hey check out http://icolours.ca/

The guy has a bunch of different films and patterns to put in behind the apple logo to change the colour and you can even get him to print out custom photos on transparencies. To cap it all off, he ships worldwide for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.4, wife: iPad 16gb & iphone 3Gs, me: Macbook 2.6 & iphone 3Gs
That looks really cool, shame I dont want to invalidate any warranties!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.