Mac Pro G5 freezes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
Hello everyone,
I have a Mac Pro G5 that when booting up freezes. This isn't the only symptom, I have it programmed to starup at 7:00 am every morning, and when i get to my office all I hear is the fans blowing like crazy, but no video and no response to the mouse or keyboard. I have taken it to a Mac Genius at my local Apple/Mac store and they told me it was the memory. I replaced the memory and it ran okay for about 3 days then again. The same issues. I am thinking it may be either the logical board or the processor, but I am not sure. Anyone seen this before? Any advice will be helpful. thanks:)

M

MacHeadCase

Well first, we need to determine if it is a G5 OR a Mac Pro! A Mac Pro is Intel-based while the G5 is a Power PC-based Mac. These are really not the same and some of the troubleshooting tips differ a lot.

OP
NeoGreen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry about the late reply, it is a G5. And I finally figured it out. I had to have the local Apple store run a hardware diagnostic and they found out it was the processor. I had it replaced and currently it is running like new. Thanks for clarifying the difference between Mac Pro and G5, no wonder the guys at the Mac store looked at me funny when trying to explain to them my situation. Thanks. :)

OP
NeoGreen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh yeah and I also recommend everyone try to purchase the Apple Care Plan, man cause if I wouldn't have gotten that when I purchased the Mac G5 I would have had to have paid $675.00 big ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.