iMac update broke my iSight!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac
hey all, i just updated my iMac using the updater that pops up occasionally, i restarted like it told me to and then when i went to use my built in iSight...it won't work, it says that there is no camera attached? anyone know of a solution to this as i use my iSight everyday!

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2G RAM
try restarting agin

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac
i've done that several times and its not doing anything. i just read on the apple forums that a few other people have experienced the same thing, i really hope apple sort this out soon!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac
anyone else have an idea's? aome people are saying that its a bug in the most recent EFI update ..i hope i got that right! is there anyway to roll this back?

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac
no the light doesnt come on at all, for instance, if i open photo booth, it says no camera is connected, or that it is in use. this is all after in upgraded the EFI firmware!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac
ok so i followed one of the links you provided to the part where it describes how to reset the SMU. this worked perfectly, my cam is working again! however...now my fans in the iMac are going absolutely crazy! i have to shout to talk over them and they sound like theyre going way too fast! i'm really worried that its gonna blow up or something! someone help! and fast! please!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac
ok, it's all sorted now! thanks god! i was worried there that my mac was gonna blow! lol anyways what i did was firstly was to reset the SMU. this is what fixed my iSight, but made the fans go insane! obviously i couldn't leave them going that fast, so i thought what the hey and tried the method to reset the SMC, and thankfully this cured the fan problem! i'm all back to normal now, so thanks so much MacHeadCase! you are a life saver!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.