ipod not syncing certain artists..?

Reaction score
Every once in a while my ipod won't sync a certain artist. Is there a limit on how many songs can be under one artist? I have one catagory that I put all the 'top 40' singles and random songs under (50+) and sometimes under that artist on the ipod only one or a few songs will show up HOWEVER the songs are there and I can find them under 'songs' and 'albums' but again they dont show under the 'artist' i designated. Why is this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Are you sure your id3 data is correct on those songs? It sounds to me like you're missing the artist id3 tag.

OP
T
Reaction score
forgot to mention this happens at different times. It used to be correct then one day only displayed a few songs under the artist and went back to normal the next time i sync'd it up. So normally its correct but every once in a while it wont display all the songs under the specific artist even after i resync it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 500 MHGz 10GB HDD
I have a 1st Gen iPod and it does the same thing. What gen is yours???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.