Guest account - Mac OS X Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
From Apple's website
Guest Log-In Accounts
Allow anyone to surf the web and check email as a guest on your Mac. When they log out of the guest account, Mac OS X purges the account, removing any trace of their activity. So each time someone logs in as a guest, he or she gets a fresh, unused account.

so if somebody logs into the guest account and just quickly does some work on pages and saves the file to the desktop, then would that file get deleted if he/she logs out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
That's interesting. You'd hope not, but possibly... I'm sure there must be a way to turn that setting on or off... or maybe there's a folder that it won't apply to or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
If they are running as guest, I'm sure they can bring their own flash drive with them. I don't want their crap on my machine! ;-)

OP
shahvikram123
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
maybe there's a folder that it won't apply to or something.
Yh, perhaps the public folder within the home folder or something....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
so if somebody logs into the guest account and just quickly does some work on pages and saves the file to the desktop, then would that file get deleted if he/she logs out.

That's the idea.

It's mainly for public computers, so that people can log in and check their email, or print, but not download large amounts of junk that will take up space.

If someone has a reson to save information for any length of time on the computer's hard drive, they're probably not a guest, and should have a real user account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.