If apple does upgrade the MBP to 2.8GHz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January
I think it would be a little more expensive. But not a lot.

Maybe $50 - $100 more?

They might keep the prices the same, like they did with the iPods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It would be about the same price. The MBP was just upgraded a few months ago. The Mac Pro and Macbook will probably be upgraded before the MBP.

nZa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
then will the price go up or stay the same as the 2.4ghz is now?

I don't know, when was the last time that they changed the MBP's pricing system?

OP
C
Reaction score
The price of the 2.8ghz chip acording to (h.ttp://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/09/19/next_gen_macbook_pro_penryn_chips_revealed.html) is $610 more then the 2.4 chip curently in the MBP's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Usually Apple's product upgrades don't affect price. Instead of making older products cheaper, they usually upgrade them and keep the same price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Usually Apple's product upgrades don't affect price. Instead of making older products cheaper, they usually upgrade them and keep the same price.

Or often the new product is cheaper. In the case of when the MacBooks were introduced I think the price actually went down vs the iBooks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
The iBook is a completely different product. I was referring to items within the same product line. Most companies decrease the price of a product as it gets older. Apple usually upgrades the product, and keeps the same pricing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.