• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How reliable is the Leopard delivery date?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.0GHz, Airport Extreme, 3G iPod Nano
I noticed that Apple states that preorders will be delivered on October 26th.

I have an Apple store about 5 minutes away, so I don't need to order it online. However, I'd prefer to just have it waiting for me when I get home from work, rather than dealing with all the people at the mall.

Did they do this with Tiger? (eg. pre-ship for release day arrival)

I'm just curious, as I'd be really mad if they didn't deliver as promised, especially since I could buy one down the street. Moreover, if UPS misses the delivery date, I'll have to wait until Monday.

Maybe I should just grab it at the mall...

Of course that creates another dilemma - do you think the store will sell out?

Life was so much easier with Windows 3.x ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I say pre-order... if they're saying it's going to be delivered on the 26th, they'll have to pre-ship.

If not... what's a few days extra going to do? =\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It's not magic. It will ship before the 26th and be at your door on the release date. I wonder if anyone accidentally gets it before then. Seems very unlikely though.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
With the Tiger release, Apple or the shipping company got overwhelmed and Tiger went out late for a lot of customers, including me. However, for the inconvenience, they gave out free iLife or iWork software to customers who called and complained. But I doubt it would happen this time around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Or, it could be a download....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

That's interesting... but I can't imagine people would be willing to download 2, maybe more DVDs worth of stuff. I'd like to get the proper install disks if I was pre-ordering...

OP
vicariousgeorge
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.0GHz, Airport Extreme, 3G iPod Nano
If not... what's a few days extra going to do? =\

Just imagine spending the entire weekend on this forum, reading about how wonderful the new OS is, knowing that you can't share in the experience until Monday.

I'm a "need it now" person.

I may actually just go to the Apple store to be part of the hype. :D

Reaction score
With the Tiger release, Apple or the shipping company got overwhelmed and Tiger went out late for a lot of customers, including me. However, for the inconvenience, they gave out free iLife or iWork software to customers who called and complained. But I doubt it would happen this time around.

Hmmm, I have iWork but not iLife...I might have to pre-order leopard...;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I checked my order today and it said the free shipping was priority overnight. I assume that's the same for everyone. I guess it ships the 25th and arrives the 26th. FedEx has been used for the computers I've purchased from them, I assume they will be used for the software as well? It doesn't say anywhere....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone
I've pre-ordered in the UK, I'm hoping it may arrive a day early as this happens a lot with say new game releases & cd's when ordered through UK amazon store.

I don't know if they will just ship the day before release & hope it arrives on time or ship a couple of days early to avoid any problems.

Anyway fingers crossed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

Really? If so that would be a new feature since Apple has not offered any of the other 10.X updates as downloads.

Or are you just assuming?

Reaction score
Interesting that they've announced the same date worldwide!

I was waiting for Leopard back in March, when rumors were that it was due 'any day now' - I'm glad I didn't wait! I bought a Macbook Pro in March and an iMac in August - now I'll upgrade both to Leopard on a 'family' licence.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I wonder if ill get it being a new employee I start on the 27th with training. Maybe it will be my training material they will give out? That would be sweet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.