MacBook Apple Remote

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.0, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD
My Apple remote isn't being recognized anymore. I've barely used it, I installing iAlertU and believe I uninstalled it, but my remote wont open FrontRow or anything.

Thanks.

OP
Teh_Derek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hm, no luck.
I even check marked the box in the system preferences.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
My remote initially ate through batteries very quickly, probably because I put them in my bag where some object in there would press one of the buttons until the battery ran out. I've since alleviated this by putting it in an unused spectacle case so nothing would be pressing any buttons thus draining the battery. Problem solved.

To determine whether it's working, fire up Photobooth and point the remote at the camera. If you see no white blinky light, you're battery is dead. Go to Kmart (or whatever the UK equivalent is, since there sure are a lot of Brits on this board ;D ) and get yourself a new CR2302. If you see a white blinky light, you still have power. If you see a dim white blinky light, it's probably not enough to trip the sensor. CR2302.

OP
Teh_Derek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe I didn't turn it off.
Is that possible?

Can something like iAlertU or SofaKing damage the remote working at all?

Thanks.

OP
Teh_Derek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I'll pick some batteries up later and let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.