Bought a macbook, disappointing experience...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53Ghz Macbook Pro
well I'm happy that someone at Apple got off their 'horse' and made things right. That's a great ending to the story and that's for updating us on the situation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz, Macbook 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
awesome! glad things worked out for you..

Reaction score
Nice, a ram upgrade is really nice! That sucks you had to go through that, I've had two different issues with my macbook where they had to send it off for a couple weeks, and they were real good about it and helpful. They had to replace about everything except the Hard drive and CD drive in my macbook to fix the problem. They had it for about a week and a half, maybe I should have asked for some compensation.... ;) Not to mention I had to bring it in one more time before that for most likely the same bug in my computer.

Glad to here it worked out for you man!

Reaction score
For those of you who read my other post about last night's trip to the Apple store, please read on...

I came home from work today and had a message from the girl at the Apple store on my phone. She said she talked to another manager today and the manager agreed that I deserved something for what I had to go through last night. They told me to come back in tonight and they would either swap my macbook for a brand new one with a 2GB memory upgrade, or they would put memory in the one I bought last night. Since the one I bought last night had a click in the hinge, I opted for option #1 and took my macbook in tonight and with absolutely no hassle or trouble they swapped out the 1GB model for an upgraded 2GB model. The girl explained to me that they wanted to keep me as a customer and wanted to do something because of the trouble I went through. When I was leaving she said "I hope we see you again", and I replied, "you will".

Kudos Apple store. Job well done.

T

after working in retail for 2 years, I hate customers who beg for free product....

OP
mac747
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
after working in retail for 2 years, I hate customers who beg for free product....

Glad you got out then because the world doesn't need people with YOUR attitude in a CUSTOMER service field.

T

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.