Burning CDs.....MP3 or normal Music..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 60 Gig Hard drive
I cant burn MP3 songs nor can I make just a normal music CD.

I ithere get " this computer is un-authorised to play MP3" or "Erro cant burn" even thu I have done it before.

Or I simply get a "This Disk is not blank" even thu it is, and has never been used before.

Or I burn a disk, iTunes tells me its done ready to use, but nothing is on the disk, when trying to play it on a Hi-Fi or CD walkman...when i put it back in my computer, they cd has no files on it, yet it tells me the CD is not blank.

I am fed up of it!

Year after year I buy an apple, thinking this time there wont be any problems wiht it, or the app's on it. And year after year there are problems and more problems.
If apple cant get things to work, why try in the first place. I spent the best part of 3 days trying to get this to work. And gone throw 15 blank CD's witch are now un useable, beuacse even my CD-RW .....Itune some how makes un-readable and un-useable.

What realy gets me, is one day it works, next day it wont!!!!!

No matter what I do or try, I simply cant burn my music of iTunes, are there any free app's that will let me burn music?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I don't think the app is the problem, iTunes works fine. It sounds like it's a burner issue to me. Have you ever cleaned your cd burner? It may help.
However, it could also be a disc issue, cheap discs are often flaky.
If you can give more details of the discs you use, and the method that you use to burn, by that I mean what you actually do when preparing the songs and disc, then I, and others, will be able to help more.

Reaction score
Sorry to tell you this MacBoy, but either you are doing something wrong or you have some hardware problems. I am on my 4th Mac now and all of them have been able to burn cds with either just mp3 files or in the standard music format. The fact that you say sometimes it works leads me to believe that you probably do have a burner problem.

Do you have the latest version of iTunes and the latest version of QuickTime?

If so then you might try a different program and see if that will work for you. I use one called BURN, it is an open source program and works quite well. You can find it at:

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/

If it still doesn't work, then get yourself a new burner.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for your help guys.
Well the main way I bern, is I tick the songs I wont from my play list, then press burn, wait for my computer to tell me to insert a blank,I incert the disk and press burn.

Or I drag my songs on to the Blank Disk-disk image in Itunes itself and burn it that way.

I am runing the most up to date Itunes and quicktime.And I only use TDK...I had used music disks, but they some times worked some times did not, so I cnaged to TDK mulity media....and its made no diffrents.

Also they are 700MB disk, and yet my MacBook wont let me put any more then 9 songs on one Disk.

I have downloaded Burn( Thanks James) and did try it, but My MacBook wont recognis the disks, so will get some diffrent once (Still TDK, just music once's) and see if that makes a diffrent at all.Burn looks better to use.I Hate how with itunes you have many diffrent ways that you can burn, I just wont one way.
I will let you guys know if it works with diffrent Disks.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I had a look online and I found TDK 80 CDR Audio 2 wotch I cant get in normal shops.So I orderd them, and when I get them and try them out, I will let you guys know if i can burn stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Ok. Still. it sounds like your burner is on it's way out. I had a similar problem on my iMac, and bought an external burner instead. No problem since.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well no harm in trying othere things first before I by a Burn for all two disk I burn a year.It might simply be, that I need to use the right CD-R's to burn. But it figers if the burner is on its way out, my comp is just out of warrentey.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just a thought, but would there be a problem, with the song's themselfs? The songs I was trying to burn were all bought from Itunes, would this make a diffrent at all.

When trying to burn an mp3 disk, I changed the songs from the formate they were in to mp3.......once I did that I could not even listen to them....I had to change to m4a format.

When useing the BURN app, I also noted, that It asked to change the songs to mp3, but only changed 3 song's, and they were the only 3 songs, that I could play, out of that song list in MP3 format

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Therein lies part of your problem then. Unless things have changed, iTunes and it's stupid DRM protection stops you reencoding the files, and burning them. There are ways to do it, but it's a royal pain in the butt.
You can burn aac files to disc though, but they may not play on a cd player.
You have to burn as aac, and reimport to iTunes as MP3, that way you can then burn mp3 discs.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I c, thanks alot I will do that when I get my disks, see what happens, will let u guys know what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
Therein lies part of your problem then. Unless things have changed, iTunes and it's stupid DRM protection stops you reencoding the files, and burning them. There are ways to do it, but it's a royal pain in the butt.
You can burn aac files to disc though, but they may not play on a cd player.
You have to burn as aac, and reimport to iTunes as MP3, that way you can then burn mp3 discs.

as long as you are not selecting protected files, you can go into itunes, select the AAC songs and then go to the advanced menu and click 'convert selection to mp3'.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Funny, tried to do it ur way Macktj05 and it did not work, even the files dont seem to be protected. Unlike most iTines songs this files do not have the little black lock, in the top left hand conner on the song file image.

Pluss when I did as you said, instead of "convert selection to mp3" listed it had "convert selection to AAC"

Wich I guess means they are locked files.
I will try Kevriano ways way, if that dont work, I will have to try and get the songs of limewire/frostwire and burn them as mp3 that way.

But will let you guess know.

Ps Ok just tryed to burn them as .aac files and it wont let me.
Pss. Is at all possible to change a formate type on mass.I am having to change them one by one, and it takes forever.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok figerd out the hole import AAC mp3 thing still dont work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I'm lost then. It really should not be hard to do at all. Silly iTunes and the DRM - it's why I don't use it!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ya, I could not fined the songs of limewire ithere.Oh well thanks for help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Limewire is way dodgy - don't do it!

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks jerry, could you give me a link for that. I dont have time to look it up, I just came across anothere problem, that needs to be sorted,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.