Upgrading to leopard

Reaction score
i plan on buying leopard tonight with my ed discount(123 after tax)

i was looking over the types of install and i sort of understand them all but still dont know which one is for me

im debating between archive or upgrade

my macbook is about a month old, i put office 2004 mac on it, can easily install but have music videos and roxio popcorn(which i bought electronically) and want to be able to have them on leopard

can i burn a data disc with the programs and music on it then put that on my mac after i install leopard? if this is the case i will do a erase and install

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
you mentioned you bought your applications then u should have their serials..u can always install them again.
and i'd go for erase and install...cuz the other options have neer succeed in the past..u will evetually have to erase and install..

Reaction score
i plan on buying leopard tonight with my ed discount(123 after tax)

i was looking over the types of install and i sort of understand them all but still dont know which one is for me

im debating between archive or upgrade

my macbook is about a month old, i put office 2004 mac on it, can easily install but have music videos and roxio popcorn(which i bought electronically) and want to be able to have them on leopard

can i burn a data disc with the programs and music on it then put that on my mac after i install leopard? if this is the case i will do a erase and install

thanks

Here is a previous post by MacHeadcase that discusses this very point in depth.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78038&highlight=MacHeadCase

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.