Hotmail with airport Problems

V

vijayrag

Hello all,

I am using an airport on OS X 10.3. I am having problems in logging on to hotmail.

I get the sever not found error and things are fine in a wired network.

Does Any Body know how to fix this.

Thanks

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have not used hotmail.

So what see maybe two problems. I f you can get to hotmail through a wired network, you should be able to get to hotmail via a wireless network.

With that said, I am assuming you are having a problem accessing your hotmail account.

What is the nature of the problem you are having. If you can give some more details, someone maybe able to help you.

OP
V

vijayrag

Hotmail Problems

The Problem I have is that I get a server not found mesaage.

-Vijayrag

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have no problem connecting to Hotmail.com and I have an airport network. Have you tried clearing your cache and trying again or maybe even rebooting your machine?

OP
B

Bluewolf

This is a problem experienced by all computers on a LAN when connecting with Hotmail's servers. Essentially its to do with packets of data being sent. I forget the exact numbers so these figures are estimates.

A LAN sends packets of 1500 where as the Hotmail servers will only go up to 1400. Therefore you are rejected by the Hotmail servers.

There is something that you can do in order to correct this, but I dont know what, I am afraid. I was only passed this infromation on by a techie at our offices who was unable to do the same proceedure he does for the PCs to my PowerBook. So until then you just need to keep on hitting refresh and evneutally you will log into Hotmail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.