Purchase Mac on or after Oct 1st get Leopard for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Announced today. release date is also the 26th officially.

Reaction score
Leopard

I purchased my MBP on September 25th. It didn't arrive until last Wednesday, the 10th. Anyway I'll be able to get Leopard free? Probably not, huh? :Grimmace:

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
You may. They dont actualy ask for a copy of your receipt. If you di not register your mac before the 1st you could claim to have purchased it a few days later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
I would apply. I bought my daughters macbook 3 weeks before the free ipod offer started and it arrived 13 days before it started. I rang up and said that it was a bit unfair and before I got chance to say anything else I was being told not to worry about it and that they would give us the discount anyway!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4 GHz, 320 GB hard drive, 1 GB Ram
I ordered my $10 copy of Leopard today! All I had to do was enter the date of purchase and then the serial number of the computer, as well as where it was purchased. I bought my iMac on October 12.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz 2 GB DDR2 Ram GeForce 8600M GT 128 MB 120 GB HDD
Yay, ordered mine already for 10 bucks. When I bought my MacBook Pro on the 13th I wasn't 100% sure I would get the upgrade fee so finding this out yesterday was really nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Does anybody know if the free Leopard upgrade also applies to refurb purchases?

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I just bought my new MB last night. I was aware of the discounted Leopard upgrade, but didn't even have to ask about it. The salesperson I was dealing with told me about it as soon as I purchased the laptop and gave me a paper to fill out and send in to get my $10 copy of Leopard. Even better, MacOutfitters also offers a rebate on this Leopard deal so really I don't have to pay anything for it! which I thought was really nice of them =]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2.4 GHz, 320 GB hard drive, 1 GB Ram
I just bought my new MB last night. I was aware of the discounted Leopard upgrade, but didn't even have to ask about it. The salesperson I was dealing with told me about it as soon as I purchased the laptop and gave me a paper to fill out and send in to get my $10 copy of Leopard. Even better, MacOutfitters also offers a rebate on this Leopard deal so really I don't have to pay anything for it! which I thought was really nice of them =]

That's good to hear. Our guy at the Apple Store didn't even mention it, but perhaps the deal had yet to be established. Anyway, I was pretty close to pre-ordering at full price when I noticed the write-up at Apple Insider. Glad I spotted it!

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Does anybody know if the free Leopard upgrade also applies to refurb purchases?

J

Click on the previous link and yes it says for refurbs too

Reaction score
Cool, I'm getting it! I bought the mini figuring I'd upgrade in the spring. This is just that much better!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.