Touch. Does battery life increase when wireless is turned off?

Reaction score
Hmmm, here is a question about the iPod Touch.. To help keep my battery as full as it can be, when I do not need to be connected to the internet should I go to settings and turn the wireless off?

basically, if I have wireless on but I am not connected to a network, will it drain the battery faster?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hmmm, here is a question about the iPod Touch.. To help keep my battery as full as it can be, when I do not need to be connected to the internet should I go to settings and turn the wireless off?

basically, if I have wireless on but I am not connected to a network, will it drain the battery faster?

Theoretically, yes, because the wireless radio needs to be turned on (looking for networks) regardless of whether you're actually using it. It might turn itself off, only occasionally waking to look for networks, but it will still consume more power than forcibly turning it off and only using it when you need it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
JeffBookPro,

I have an iPod Touch... its Sweeet ;D

Yes, when you have the WiFi turned on even if you are not Browsing through Safari or You Tube the Battery will drain considerably faster than with the WiFi off.

You still get close to 5 hrs regardless.... At least that what I am getting on my iTouch now.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.